3D Department Coordinator
We are looking for a proficient 3D department coordinator, who can help to drive the success of our 3D team, mainly responsible for supporting the new artists, communicating possible issues, and documenting department workflows processes.
This is both a technical and management position. The candidate has to be a fast learner, able to understand and communicate essential 3D workflows in our studio and pass this knowledge to our inhouse and remote artists in form of video calls, and short written / video recorded tutorials.
This position is subordinated to the 3D department supervisor, to which you would report, and from which you would get work assignments.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to work in a friendly and open-minded environment of the world-established studio creating high-end commercials, continue reading ..
- Serves as a primary point of contact for the new artists, who help them to start working efficiently as fast as possible.
- Is in continuous contact with remote artists, and makes sure they are able to perform their work using hardware and software resources provided by UPP.
- Helps to document department workflows and processes in cooperation with department supervisors, and update it as needed.
- Communicate any issues to the department supervisors.
- Takes care of administrative tasks associated with the 3D department coordination, when requested.
- Strong communication skill in English is necessary
- At least basic experience with industry-standard 3D applications (Maya, Houdini, Blender).
- Ability to understand and demonstrate essential technical / pipeline workflows established in our studio.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent documentation skills
- The ability to suggest improvements, to raise productivity or quality, is appreciated.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced collaborative production environment.
- Prior experience working in VFX / animation studio is highly valued!